Dear partners, please find below some updated information about SFI Smart Maritime.,
Monday October 8: Press conference at Norwegian Environment Agency.
Dr Helene Muri will, together with other climate researchers, present the main results of the IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 °C to the Minister of Climate and Environment Ola Elvestuen. More information
Network meeting, 16-17 October
Program and registration information are available online. We are currently 25 registered participants. SFI management will give you an update on the progress so far, insight on Smart Maritime goals and future plans. More information and input documents will be distributed prior to the meeting.
Smart Maritime Board and Scientific Advisory Committee
Smart Maritime management team received members of the Board and the scientific Advisory Committee for 2 full working days in Trondheim on September 19 and 20. The purpose was to assess the current progress at SFI Smart Maritime, receive feedback and advice for further adjustments, and by that preparing for the Midway evaluation. Read more…
The following main achievements were presented to the Scientific Advisory Committee. (see all presentations online or separately here below)
- GYMIR, Jon Schonhovd Dæhlen
- MariTEAM, Anders H. Strømman and Helene Muri
Power and propulsion
Hull and propeller
Publications and dissemination of results
- 2020 Sulphur Cap options - EXCECUTIVE SUMMARY. Memo by Dr E. Lindstad summarizing Smart Maritime findings on 2020 Sulphur abatement Cap options. Read more… Download
- Model tests campaign 2018 - Added resistance amplitude dependency. Summary of results from model tests campaign 2018 by Sverre Anders Alterskjær. Read more… Download
- Model-centric design and development for eco-friendly ships. Presentation by Kevin Koosup Yum at Korea Maritime Week, 27 june 2018. Read more… Download
Results of ongoing studies will be presented through Webinars in the Fall 2018. Some of the planned topics include: Energy saving devices; Sea margin overview; Exhaust gas recirculation.
Not finalized yet. A new document structure is being implemented. Furthermore, topic pages with information collection on certain topics will be made available. For login troubles, please contact email@example.com.
If you received this message by transfer, and wish to receive newsletter directly, please subscribe to our mailing list.
- Smart Maritime is hosting NTNU MSc student from NTNU Astrid Vamråk Solheim this summer. She will study the influence on applying different weather data sources when evaluating hydrodynamic performance from numerical routing approaches (Gymir). She will also look into issues related to manoeuvrability at low speeds in adverse conditions.
- Anna Ringvold from NTNU IndEcol is leaving Smart Maritime this summer. We are grateful for her significant contribution to Smart Maritime, notably the first version of the model MariTEAM (Maritime Transport Environmental Assessment Model), and wish her the best of luck!
- New PhD project on speed loss and added power due to steering and course instability, using a combination of numerical simulation and in-service data. WP2 is currently recruiting a new PhD student focusing on ship performance monitoring and optimization.
| || |
Sept 19th 2018
| || |
Sept 20th 2018
| || |
Oct. 16-17th 2018